Monday, April 13, 2020

NO WHINING ON THE YACHT

(thanks Al Franken via Jody)

I remember being in Miama, on the water by the Epic Hotel.

I was standing by a yacht with armed guards. The boat itself was several stories high and shiny black all over, at least as far as I could see. It was as big as an ocean liner, to my, admittedly, very short, perspective. Sometimes I wonder about these people, but not often. I figured that if I did anything the owners took exception to, I would disappear. I scurried on by.

At any rate, I have been having my groceries delivered. In the spirit of no whining, I have come to look at these deliveries as an adventure. I am always surprised. For my pot roast tonight, I got much less meat than I wanted and an odd cut, bottom round, acceptable but not optimal. We'll see how it is, but I must say its been smelling good all day. We got two packs of turkey bacon (is that an oxymoron?) instead of regular. One would have been more than enough. Accidentally we got two large bunches of celery the other day, so that has been a constant garnish, even at breakfast. I can barely zip my jeans (obviously not the fault of the celery), while husband is losing weight.

I didn't get milk, or any of a variety of cleaning products. And the delivery, supposed to come Sat., only came today after a lengthy "chat" with Jessica at Instacart.

I had to open a bottle of wine for the recipe. I didn't use too much because the rest will come in handy in  about an hour.

Please stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment