Saturday, June 27, 2020

CABERNET-19


CABERNET-19

Husband and I have been happy together for a long time. More than 30 years. And while it is a second marriage for both, 

it's probably the last as well. 

Many who meet us think we are newlyweds. People ask how we do it. And while I usually give the true answer that it is him, that I completely trust him and he is easy and non-judgmental--not to mention handsome--there is more. And it may not seem like anything, but IT COULD HELP 

WE ARE SILLY. 

Right. I think that if we were recorded during our day, we would be embarrassed. We do back-and-forth puns, make noises instead of words, to avoid answering awkward questions or commenting when we'd rather not. 

About this, parenthetically. Making meaningless sounds is satisfying in a weird way. I mean it's weird that it works. 

I even use the nonsense sounds to cover an angry thought. 

Exaggerating an angry thought to an absurd point is good for a laugh. 

I won't say laughter is the best medicine, but it may be the best relationship-preserver/extender.

Every time we walk by we either kiss or air kiss. Or double air kiss. Or we touch each other, a glancing caress, a small pinch, something a teensy bit suggestive, maybe.

The reason I mention all this silliness is that it is so very easy to do. It does take a bit of thought, and probably an investigative conversation with sig oth. Otherwise, let 'er rip!

Which is not to say that that the Covid-10 isn't the Cabernet-19 for me--talking pounds here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment