Wednesday, June 17, 2020

TALKING TO STRANGERS


Strangers, cont’d.


I want to talk about my other favorite podcast, the one who got me hooked on them to start with. So there is no unnecessary suspense, it’s HIDDEN BRAIN always wonderful.

Now podcasts are so valuable to me, it’s hard to imagine what it was like before. Before, I might lie awake trying to sleep. Now I lie in bed, trying not to sleep because the podcast is so interesting.

But I can’t. I must talk about Gladwell’s book.

Talking to Strangers

AT first, you wonder what he’s after. The many stories he discusses have been widely covered. But as we know, he’s always got something up his sleeve. And by the time he’s done, after many go-rounds and interweavings, everything is in a new light. Often in an unimaginable way. Things you think you understand, believe me, you don’t.

Also, many of the discussions are so pertinent to what’s happening today, it’s almost as if he just wrote on the heels of the recent police murders.

The tag line of my radio show was CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING. And this has proven to be a necessary adjunct to any effort to learn the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment